Membership at Steenberg Golf Club
When you arrive at the Steenberg gates and drive past the vineyards and ancient oaks, you are entering a world that goes well beyond golf. As a member this is your place to relax and host your guests and you can expect to have the benefits of the club as well as the magnificent estate. This is a place for golfers and their families and friends to gather in a warm and friendly environment which strives to offer personal attention and added extras to create an unforgettable experience.
Member golf benefits
- Unlimited Golf on the 18-hole champion golf course
- No green fees
- Reduced rates for your guests
- Unlimited use of the practice tees, greens and chipping area
- Access to the course on days allocated for members only
- One complimentary introductory lesson at the on-site EOGA golf academy
- Meals and drinks at the Clubhouse
- Pro-shop apparel and equipment
- Steenberg Vineyards wines
- Steenberg Spa treatments
- Tryn Restaurant
- Bistro 1682
- Steenberg Hotel’s rates
- Hire of Golf Club facilities and conference rooms
- Cart, trolley and equipment hire
The Application process
Applications may be sent to the Club Secretary and the applicant will be contacted and advised if a vacancy is available. Should a vacancy be available, the application process should take approximately 4 weeks to complete. Non-resident membership at Steenberg Golf Club is limited to 350 members.
- The completed application form must be returned together with a Letter of Good Standing from your current/previous golf/sports club.
- The Proposer and Seconder must be current members of Steenberg for longer than one year. The Proposer is required to submit a motivational letter to support the application. Should you not know any current members, please provide two character reference letters.
- An interview will be arranged with a member of the Golf Committee.
- Should the interview be successful, your name will be placed on the notice board for a period of two weeks for comment by members, as per our Constitution.
- Should no objections be received, the Golf Committee will formally ratify your application.
- You will be sent a letter of acceptance and invoice for the entrance fee and subscription.
Entrance & Subscription Fees for 2023 / 24
All rates include VAT.
(Subject to change)
|Primary Member Annual Subscription Fee||R39 000|
|Spouse||R21 450 No entrance fee payable|
|Children Aged 28 to 30||R21 450 No entrance fee payable|
|Children Aged 21 to 28||R9 750 No entrance fee payable|
|Full Time students Aged 21 to 28
(Terms & Conditions apply)
|R3 900 No entrance fee payable|
|Children Aged 18 to 20||R3 900 No entrance fee payable|
|Children Under 18||No charge|
The above rates for children under 30 apply when a parent is the Primary Member of the Club. If the parent is not a Primary Member, the full Entrance Fee and Primary Member Annual Subscription Fee will apply.
Western Province Golf Union Affiliation Fees
|Ages 13 and Under||R150|
|Ages 14 to 18||R365|
|Ages 19 and Over||R730|
|SAGA Handicap Card Fee||R210|
On reaching the age of 30, children will be eligible to apply for full non-resident membership of the Club. The entrance fee payable may be discounted by 20% per annum for each year that the child has been a member